Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

THANKFUL 2012


  • Thankful for good health.
  • Thankful for a husband that loves me despite my flaws. I am far from a perfect wife.
  • Thankful for 6 children and a daughter-in-law who despite their uniqueness bring me the greatest joy I have ever known.
  • Thankful for Jerry and Joann Ray who are a blessing to our family.
  • Thankful for my faculty role at Trinity College. It allows me flexibility.
  • Thankful for John Deere Cylinder Division even if Steve spends more time there than at home.
  • Thankful for terrific, loving parents on both sides of the family. Both married over 50 years providing us a wonderful example.
  • Thankful for my dear friends who keep me sane when I feel like I am not. You are the best.
  • Thankful for Iowa weather, I love the change of seasons.
  • Thankful for the ability to see, hear, and smell the sites, sounds, and scents of this season and the next.
  • Thankful we found a new church family that is a good fit. God is GREAT.
  • Thankful for my extended family despite the challenges they impose at intervals. I love you all. Even if I don't say it.
  • Thankful my husband recognizes I need time to myself and is willing to provide those periods of time so I can be a better mother.
  • Thankful for my grandmother who influenced who I am today more than I realized until after she passed away this month.
  • Thankful for a wonderful place I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment