Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life is Difficult

At my last confession one of my favorite priests gave me the following prayer. Its so fitting, I want to preserve it.

Dear God, life is difficult.
Help me realize this great truth
and not moan and groan and complain about my problems
as if life were easy or should be easy.

Teach me to name my real problems, to face them squarely,
and to work untiringly toward solving them,
or, if this is not possible,
then to endure them with courage.

Help me to be open to all the ways
you come into my life:
whether as gentle breeze, troublesome earthquake,
or something in between.

May the difficulties I experienced bear only good fruit:
sensitivity, compassion, patience, humility,
and discovering my desire for you.
God, I ask for all these things
through Jesus
and the gentle, yet earth-shaking power of the Spirit.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment