Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Wishes from Mom (December 2010)

This post was intended for December 2010 but somehow did not get typed. I found it today while organizing and cleaning.

Parents often wish things for their children. Here are my Christmas Wishes from me to you...

Charley---A birth parent visit. I wish I could. Now is not the right time. I hope someday the time will be right. Until then, Aunt Amy will have to do.

Xavier---My wish for you comes from your own Christmas wish "for white skin like you guys". Oh honey, mom and dad cannot provide this. I hope society will be kinder to you than what it has shown to be so far. After all, we have a black president.

Alexis---The gift of music. You are blossoming as a young musician--piano, violin, and flute! We need not ever request your practice. And I love to ear music in the house!

Nick---The gift of foresight and wisdom. My hope is future realization of what our home provided in your formative years.

Cariyana---The gift of love. You missed out on the nurturing normally administered int he first year of life. Its shown now in delays and behavior. We hope the substitutions provided after the fact and the therapy will be enough for successful teenage and adult years.

Joe---The gift of trains. You love them so.

Angie---The gift of acceptance. Time will bring understanding and value of familial relationships and connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment